UNIVERSITY OF DELHI
General Instructions for Candidates
- The upper age limit prescribed for direct recruitment shall be relaxable in case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes (Central List), Persons with Disabilities, Ex-servicemen and other specified categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued in this behalf from time to time by the Central Government and adopted by the University.
Documents for seeking age relaxation should be submitted at the time of interview/written examination.
2. The upper age-limit shall also be relaxable up to a maximum of five years or the number of years (in completed years) whichever is less provided they have rendered at least three years regular service in same or allied field in organization(s) under Government Departments/ Statutory or Autonomous bodies/Universities/ affiliated or constituent colleges under the University/Public Sector Undertakings.
“Regular service” means service rendered by an employee in the Cadre on regular basis other than the service on contract or daily wages but includes ad-hoc promotion or appointment in a cadre post through due procedure followed by regularization to the extant approved by the competent authority.
3. The upper age limit for the posts advertised shall be determined as on date of advertisement.
4. Application fees and forms are to be submitted as per details given below:
a. UR/OBC - Rs. 500/-
b. SC/ST/PWD/Women Candidates - NIL.
* No fee for Deputation Posts
* Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances
The forms have to be filled online only, as available on the website of University along with the instant advertisement, within the prescribed time limit indicated in the advertisement. No offline forms would be accepted. Payment should be made online only, through credit/debit card.
Application received without complete information or without requisite fees shall be rejected.
Candidates applying for more than one post must apply separately and pay fees separately. Further, applications will not be allowed to be withdrawn nor the fees would be refunded or kept in reserve for any future recruitment.
5. The upper age-limit as prescribed for direct recruits shall not be insisted upon in the case of departmental candidates, provided they have rendered at least three years regular service in the University.
6. The reservation for OBC (non-creamy layer), SC, ST and Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates will be applicable as per the Central Government norms. Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/Persons with Disability must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per Govt. of India lists/rules/norms. They should also be in possession of the certificates in the format, prescribed by the Union Government. An Ex-serviceman candidate has to produce a copy of the discharge Certificate/pension payment order and documentary proof of rank last/presently held (substantive as well as acting) at the time of interview. Those who are still in defence service should submit a certificate from a competent authority that they will be relieved from defence services.
The PWD candidates with 40% above of relevant disability shall only be considered. The disability certificate will be issued by competent authority duly authorized by the Central or State Government.
Consequent upon adoption of self-certification provisions as required by the Govt. of India, the University shall process the applications entirely on the basis of information/documents submitted by the candidates duly self-attested. In case the information/documents are found to be false/incorrect by way of omission or commission, the responsibility and liability shall be sole responsibility of the candidate.
Candidate called for interview should report along with all the testimonials/certificates in original along with photo ID.
7. Candidates should possess the prescribed qualification and experience as on the closing date of application. Candidates are required to produce specific certificates as per eligibility conditions.
Further, merely fulfilling the minimum qualifications or the eligibility criteria does not entitle a candidate to be necessarily considered or called for the interview. More stringent criteria may be applied for short-listing the candidates to be called for interview.
8. Candidates serving in Government/Public Sector Undertakings (including Boards/Autonomous Bodies) are required to submit their application through proper channel. Further they are requested to submit their ‘No objection Certificate’ along with Vigilance clearance at the time of interview, if not submitted earlier.
9. (a) No correspondence or personal enquiries shall be entertained by the University.
(b) All Correspondence from the University including interview call, if any shall be sent to the e-mail ID provided by the candidate.
10. Canvassing in any form will be treated as disqualification.
11. Applications which do not meet the criteria given in this advertisement & / or incomplete applications are liable to be summarily rejected
12. Candidates should not furnish any particulars that are false, tampered, fabricated or suppress any material / information while submitting the application and self-certified copies/testimonials.
13. Relaxation of any of the qualifications or experience may be made in exceptional cases on the recommendations of the Screening/ Selection Committee.
14. The number/category of posts advertised may vary, and the University reserves the right not to fill up some or all the posts advertised and recruit the candidates on deputation/contract basis even for the posts that are advertised on permanent basis, if the circumstances so warrant.
15. In case of the post to be filled through deputation ACRS/ APARs for the last 5 years duly attested and Integrity Certificate/ Vigilance/ Cadre Clearance report be sent in sealed confidential cover addressed to the Registrar by the concerned employer, failing which the candidature, may not be considered.
16. The University shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at the time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are false or the candidate has suppressed relevant information, then his/her services shall be terminated without prejudice to any other action initiated by the University.
17. The University reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time without giving any reason. Any consequential vacancies arising at the time of Interview may also be filled up from the available candidates who have applied against this advertisement.
18. In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of appointment letter, the University reserves right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate.
19. Candidates called for interview shall not be paid any TA/DA.
20. The University reserves the right to offer the post at a level lower than that advertised/applied, or on contract basis depending upon the qualifications, experience and performance of the candidate.
21. Last date for submission of application is as per the advertisement uploaded on the website. Please note that application forms shall not be accepted in person.